My sister asked me to knit her some boot cuffs to sport with her boots this fall/winter season. I giggled as I searched for some ideas and potential pattern options for said cuffs. And I figured this cuff would look pretty cool. Silly concept but still fun.
Needles: size US 8 16″ circular needles & US 8 cable needle or dpn (for 6 stitch cable)
Material: I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn. I LOVE cotton yarn.
Cast on 48 (small), 56 (medium) or 64 (large) and join placing stitch marker.
Work (k2, p2) rib pattern for 4 rows. Then work the following pattern.
Rows 1-5: (k6, p2)
Row 6: (C6F, p2) [See pattern for c6f below]
Rows 7-9: (k6, p2)
Repeat this pattern 3 times. Then bind off & weave in ends. Make 2.
C6F Pattern: What is it? A left twisting cable stitch using, you guessed it, 6 stitches. Super duper easy and so so pretty.
- Begin by slipping 3 stitches to the cable needle and bring the cable needle with its 3 stitches towards you.
- Move the needle to the front of the work for C6F (see image above). Let the needle just chill there, you don’t need to hold it.
- Knit the next 3 stitches from the left-hand needle.
- Slide your stitches on your circular needle over so you don’t lose them! Yikes!
- Pick up the cable needle with your left hand, and without twisting it, knit the 3 stitches from the cable needle.
- Put down the cable needle, pick up the left-hand circular needle and knit remaining pattern. Yup, that’s it! Pretty sweet huh?
Your finished product should look like this!
Hope you love them! I know my sister will!!!!